- October 22, 2017 - Flower/ShuuKaRen's Fujii Shuuka to halt activities temporarily
- On October 22, Fujii Shuuka posted a message on E.G.family mobile reporting that she got diagnosed with cervical spinal disc herniation and that she will be halting her activities for a while.
- Fujii started experiencing symptoms of cervical spinal disc herniation 3 years ago and since the E-girls LIVE 2017 ~E.G.EVOLUTION~ concerts in July she has been feeling unable to perform like she hoped to. After consulting a doctor she got diagnosed with herniation affecting the fourth and fifth vertebrae on her neck and she is currently putting effort on receiving treatment for it. After discussing with the Flower members and staff and since she is unable to serve satisfactory performances with her current state, Fujii will be taking a rest to recover.
- During the time she will be resting she will be also talking with the Flower members to discuss ideas about future activities of the group while she will be absent. Fujii will be also thinking about activities with ShuuKaRen, her photobook release on November 30, modeling and other activities within her current ability.
- September 26, 2017 - Happiness gets their first #1 single in 7 years
- On September 26, Oricon announced that Happiness got their first #1 single on the weekly singles chart since their major debut in February 2011 with their 11th single "GOLD", selling 41,133 copies in its debut week.
- The single debuted at the #1 on the daily singles chart, selling 21,130 copies in its first day and maintaining at the top for five consecutive days. Although not being their first #1 on the daily charts, this is the first time the group directly debuted at the top. The group's best peaking single until today was the 8th single "Holiday", released on October 14, 2014, peaking at #2. "Holiday" although remains Happiness' best selling single with 55,066 copies sold.
- Happiness is the second group from E.G.family to get a #1 single, after Flower got the first last August with "Taiyou no Aitouka (Elegy)".
- "GOLD" was released on September 20 in three editions and including the final concert of their first tour Happiness LIVE TOUR 2016 GIRLZ N' EFFECT.
Links: Oricon (in Japanese)
- August 29, 2017 - Flower gets their first #1 single, also E.G.family's first
- On August 29, Oricon announced that Flower got their first #1 single on the weekly singles chart since their debut in 2011 with their 15th single "Taiyou no Aitouka (Elegy)", selling 57,865 copies in its debut week.
- The single debuted at the #1 on the daily singles chart, selling 40,957 copies in its first day. Although not being their first #1 on the daily charts, this is the first time the group directly debuted at the top. They are also the first E.G.family group to get a #1 single on the weekly chart. In September 2016, Flower also got their first #1 album with the best album THIS IS Flower THIS IS BEST.
- "Taiyou no Aitouka (Elegy)" was released on August 23 in four editions and including the final concert of their second tour Flower Theater 2016 ~THIS IS Flower~.
Links: Oricon (in Japanese)